Monday, December 10, 2012

Trying my hand at rice paper rolls

I decided to get a little bit creative in the kitchen tonight (don't laugh, this is about as creative as I get when it's cooking & not baking!) & try my hand at making rice paper rolls.

These make a really tasty (& healthy) gluten free meal and can fill them with anything you wish :-)


'Unsoaked' Rice Paper



Mr. B & I chose the following ingredients:

-Roast chicken
-Baby Cos Lettuce
-Cucumber (cut into sticks)
-Grated carrots
-Sun dried tomatoes
-Red onion (Mr. B had on his)

For Dipping Sauces:
-Sweet Chilli Sauce
-Gluten free Soy & Garlic Sauce
-Teriyaki Sauce
& my favourite Kewpie Mayonnaise!

Method:

1. Prepare meat (if you are having any) as required (we used left over roast chicken, lol)
2. Cut all vegetables/salad & set aside
3. Fill a bowl with warm water & take 1 sheet of rice paper roll & wet sheet all over
4. Set sheet aside on a damp tea towel & wait 1 min until sheet is soft & pliable
5. Spread some filling ingredients on one end of rice paper. Fold the bottom edge over the fillings, fold in both sides & roll away
6. Repeat until all ingredients are used
7. Serve with dipping sauces

Volia! You have created a master piece. Well, yours are bound to look prettier than my 1st attempt :P


These were so delicious that I made two extra for my work lunch :-)

I will be putting up a post this week about Mr. B & my lil adventure trucking it down south to help move, so keep tuned for that!

miss_tash x




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

If This Dress Could Talk Copyright © 2013 miss_tash. All Rights Reserved.
All Content, including photographs, are the property of miss_tash unless otherwise credited.
Please don't take my pics without asking and crediting to my blog. Thanks for stopping by! x