Wednesday, January 16, 2013

My 1st Time Hosting Christmas!

I know it's a bit late for a Christmas post, but better late than never, right? (and this way I can pretend it's still the festive season, lol) I had a wonderful time hosting Christmas lunch for Mr. B's family & also doing Christmas Eve dinner for my family. It was busy, stressful & at times crazy, but most of all magical & fun! :D

I woke Christmas morning a buzz of excitement & ate a lovely gluten free & diary free croissant (baked fresh then brought online from Choices Gluten Free). I filled it Toblerone (I figured it's Christmas so I'd deal with the pain of having dairy for this one special day :P) folded it & warmed it in the oven so the Toblerone melted inside. It was yummy! :D

Gluten free croissant dairy free croissant butter free croissant Toblerone croissant gluten free pastry gluten free dessert Choices Gluten Free croissant

I'm not going to post about all the many gifts that I received this year (I was very spoilt), although they were all so lovely, it was more of a day & night to get together with family, chat, eat & enjoy each other's company. I loved playing host. Decorating the house was fun!

The Christmas Tree:

White bird Christmas tree ornament decoration

Mr. & and Mrs. Claus vintage Christmas tree decoration ornament 1980s 80s nostalgia
This Mr. & Mrs. Claus decoration has been on our family Christmas tree since I was a child. This is a special edition to Mr. B & my Christmas tree in our home :-)

Santa snow globe Christmas tree decoration ornament
This cute Santa decoration is actually a snow globe! (for those of you who don't know I am mildly obsessed with snow globes)
A lovely gift from my friend, Jess :-)

House & Garden Myer Christmas tree decoration reindeer glass bauble ornament snow forest scene

Tin cupcake Christmas tree ornament decoration red tin angel Christmas ornament tree decoration glitter
This tin cupcake was a gift from my sister x

Hello Kitty pink Christmas glass ornament hand made hand crafted hand blown glass ornament glitter tree
This gorgeous Hello Kitty hand blown glass ornament is a favourite!

White angel tree topper Christmas lace glitter
Our tree is not complete without an angel on top :-)

Christmas tree aussie Australia multi coloured reindeer angel tree topper Hello Kitty


Golden reindeer paper mache spray paint ribbon neck tie decoration craft hand made
This hand made reindeer has been a trusty 'present guard' since I was a child. Another special Christmas decoration I can't bear to part with :-)

Ceramic cookie biscuit Christmas decoration ornament hanging tree pink sprinkles bunny porcelain egg cup
This gorgeous ceramic 'Cookie' decoration was a gift from Mum x

Sequined sequin reindeer glitter jewel ornament decoration knitted red white Christmas chicken snowman scarf
Christmas is just not complete without my sequined reindeer & Henry the chicken :-)

Hello Kitty Christmas stocking sac sack pink Santa Sanrio
...and let's not forget my Helly Kitty stocking!

The Table Settings:


Even though we had traditional Christmas bon bons as well, I couldn't resist these cute bunny bon bons:
Bunny Christmas bon bons crackers hoppy Christmas cute


Christmas train snow globe table decoration ornament setting carriage toy
Keeping up with my snow globe obsession I got this cute Christmas train for the table. Each carriage is a snow globe!

Martini glass filled with Christmas baubles silver glitter sparkle

Traditional English toffee tin money box red post box UK Christmas candy cane


Christmas baubles in a bowl vase jar red baubles silver baubles white baubles table setting red ribbon

Christmas table centrepiece centre piece white candle holder glass silver pine cones flowers glitter holly green leaf
We brought this pretty detailed table centrepiece from Prouds the jewelers


I visited my family for a fun-filled Christmas Eve family dinner. I wore this emerald green maxi dress from Modcloth:

Modcloth Sea the Sights dress green maxi dress emerald green maxi dress ruffle bust jersey summer

My sister made this amazing 3 layer jelly:
3 three layer jelly Jell-O strawberry coconut pink lemonade gluten free dessert sweet confectionery gelatin

The layers are: strawberry, coconut & pink lemonade. It was so sweet & yummy & also gluten free! :-)

My Christmas Day Outfit:

Christmas Day outfit dress white vintage retro 1950's fifties dress housewife Portmans red bow belt red high heels mary jane heels
It didn't take me long to decide on this Portmans white dress for my Christmas day outfit. I had purchased it (on sale) a few months prior & had been resisting temptation to wear it as I was 'saving' it for this special day. I paired it with a old red bow belt & my trusty old Target red shoes (a perfect mix of old meets new, I thought).

Christmas Day lunch was absolutely delicious! Mr. B's family made so many gluten free versions of Christmas favorites that I have missed out on in previous years. Mr. B's sister made an amazing gluten free stuffing, there was gluten free gravy, leg of ham, roast veges and of course two roast turkeys stuffed with orange, sage & gluten free stuffing:

Christmas lunch roast turkey orange sage stuffed roasted turkey gluten free stuffing traditional Christmas dinner

Christmas lunch roast turkey orange sage stuffed roasted turkey gluten free stuffing traditional Christmas dinner

Christmas lunch roast turkey orange sage stuffed roasted turkey gluten free stuffing traditional Christmas dinner
Me being stupid about to carve the turkey :P

I baked a few Christmas treats this year including gluten & dairy free gingerbread men:
gluten free gingerbread men dairy lactose free gingerbread men recipe ingredients Christmas ginger bread headless arm less quirky sad Shrek gingerbread man Fred cookie cutters ABC already been chewed gingerbread man

and a gluten free twist on a family favourite, New Zealand lolly log/lolly cake:
New Zealand lolly cake lolly log gluten free fruit puffs NZ kiwi recipe ingredients

I will do a separate post about the lolly log & the gingerbread men, including recipes later :-)
I hope you all had a lovely Christmas & that 2013 has been wonderful for you so far!

miss_tash x


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

If This Dress Could Talk Copyright © 2013 miss_tash. All Rights Reserved.
All Content, including photographs, are the property of miss_tash unless otherwise credited.
Please don't take my pics without asking and crediting to my blog. Thanks for stopping by! x