Saturday, July 6, 2013

Vintage Toy Finds!

After months & months of searching I was so excited to find this 1970's Kenner Tiny Tots Family Tree House on ebay!

Kenner Tree house tree tots family tree house Vulli Arbre Magique Klorofil Vulierme France French 70s 1970s vintage toy

My aunty had one from the 70's and I spent many hours playing with the Kenner Treehouse as a kid. It reminds me of happy days at my nana's house, my sister & I playing with the treehouse & making up adventures for the little tiny tots family....

Kenner Tree house tree tots family tree house Vulli Arbre Magique Klorofil Vulierme France French 70s 1970s vintage toy Kenner Tree house tree tots family tree house Vulli Arbre Magique Klorofil Vulierme France French 70s 1970s vintage toy

The top of the tree house pushes down for carrying & pops up with the push of a button-tres genius!
Kenner Tree house tree tots family tree house Vulli Arbre Magique Klorofil Vulierme French France 70s 1970s vintage toy Kenner Tree house tree tots family tree house Vulli Arbre Magique Klorofil Vulierme France French 70s 1970s vintage toy

Kenner Tree house tree tots family tree house Vulli Arbre Magique Klorofil Vulierme France French 70s 1970s vintage toy

This tree house is a little bit different to the one I played with as a child & it is extra special because it's from France! :D It is in good condition apart from the lift crank which is broken. I am hoping to find a piece to fix it. 

I also recently discovered another long-lost childhood toy. Does anyone remember the 'Fairy Winkles' toys from the early 90s? (ironically also made my Kenner)

My sister had this swan toy. I always admired and loved it so much.
Fairy Winkles Magic Mirror Swan Folly Magic vintage swan 90s toy 1990s toy retro toy
Fairy Winkles Magic Mirror Swan Folly Magic vintage swan 90s toy 1990s toy retro toy
Fairy Winkles Magic Mirror Swan Folly Magic vintage swan 90s toy 1990s toy retro toy

You can imagine my delight when I found it on ebay a few weeks ago. When you push the swan's head/neck it's beautiful wings open & I am currently using it to store jewelry. 

I am so excited to add these two items to my vintage toy collection & I hope my children one day will enjoy playing with them as much as I did as a child :-)

miss_tash x


3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed my post :-)

      Delete
  2. I wasn't into Barbies or anything like that as a child. This treehouse, however, I loved and still love. My house is IDK where. I've got the little swing chair sitting right next to me now waiting for the rest to magically appear. Good times. My son and his male cousin both enjoyed playing with my house several years ago, and he's now 14. Glad you found one, and enjoy playing.

    ReplyDelete

 

If This Dress Could Talk Copyright © 2013 miss_tash. All Rights Reserved.
All Content, including photographs, are the property of miss_tash unless otherwise credited.
Please don't take my pics without asking and crediting to my blog. Thanks for stopping by! x